When you’re craving a hearty, home-cooked meal, baked pork chops are a tasty option. Getting the bake time just right ensures juicy, flavorful chops that are cooked through but not dry.
This guide will cover everything you need to know about how long to bake pork chops at 375 °F for optimal results.
How Long To Bake Pork Chops At 375 Degrees?
At 375°F, a 1-inch thick boneless pork chop bakes for approximately 15-17 minutes. Bone-in chops should bake for 20-25 minutes since the bone acts as an insulator and slows cooking. Always use a meat thermometer to check doneness instead of relying solely on bake times, as thickness can vary. Pork should reach an internal temperature of at least 145°F before removing from the oven. This ensures it’s cooked through while remaining tender and juicy.
How Long To Bake Boneless Pork Chops At 375 Degrees?
For boneless tender pork chops, use these bake times as a guide:
- 1/2 inch thick: Bake for 10-12 minutes
- 3/4 inch thick: Bake for 12-15 minutes
- 1 inch thick: Bake for 15-17 minutes
- 1 1/2 inches thick: Bake for 17-20 minutes
Monitor the thickness of the chop and insert an instant-read thermometer into the thickest part of the chops, avoiding bone if present. Boneless pork should reach 145°F before removing from the oven.
How Long To Bake Bone-In Pork Chops In Oven At 375 Degrees?
For bone-in pork chops, allow extra baking time since the bone conducts heat more slowly to ensure juicy oven-baked pork chops:
- 1/2 inch thick: Bake for 15-18 minutes
- 3/4 inch thick: Bake for 18-20 minutes
- 1 inch thick: Bake for 20-25 minutes
- 1 1/2 inches thick: Bake for 25-30 minutes
Getting an accurate reading with a meat thermometer can be tricky with bone-in chops. Insert into the meatiest part, away from the bone, and aim for a minimum internal temperature of 145°F.
How Long To Cook Thinner Pork Chops In The Oven?
For thinner chops under 1/2 inch thick, reduce oven temperature to 350°F and monitor closely to prevent overcooking.
- 1/4 inch thick: Bake for 9-11 minutes at 350°F
- 1/2 inch thick: Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350°F
Regardless of thickness, use a thermometer to gauge doneness and remove chops when the internal temp reaches 145°F. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Ease Oven-Baked Pork Chop Recipe
Here is an easy recipe to cook pork chops in the oven, share if you like!
- 4 pork chops bone-in or boneless (about 1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Prepare the Pork Chops: Rub the pork chops with olive oil. In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, and dried rosemary. Sprinkle the spice mixture evenly over both sides of the pork chops.
- Bake the Pork Chops: Place the pork chops on a baking sheet or in a baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until they reach an internal temperature of 145°F.
- Rest and Serve: Remove the pork chops from the oven and let them rest for about 5 minutes before serving. This allows the juices to redistribute throughout the meat.
The Cook Time For Different Thicknesses Of Oven Baked Pork Chops
We have gone over the basics of how long to bake pork chops at 375, now, let’s explore a perfect guide for different cuts of your pork chop.
For juicy oven-baked pork chops, use these bake times for different degrees of thick pork chop as a guide:
Boneless Pork Chops
|Thickness||Cook Time at 375°F|
|1/4 inch||9-11 minutes|
|1/2 inch||10-12 minutes|
|3/4 inch||12-15 minutes|
|1 inch||15-17 minutes|
|1 1/2 inches||17-20 minutes|
Bone-In Pork Chops
|Thickness||Cook Time at 375°F|
|1/2 inch||15-18 minutes|
|3/4 inch||18-20 minutes|
|1 inch||20-25 minutes|
|1 1/2 inches||25-30 minutes|
Always confirm doneness with a thermometer before removing chops from the oven. Pork should reach 145°F.
Tips For Baking Pork Chops So That They Are Juicy And Tender
Follow these tips for a foolproof baked pork chops:
- Choose bone-in Duroc pork chops at least 1 inch thick for best results. The bone adds moisture and flavor.
- Brine chops in a saltwater solution before baking to boost juiciness.
- Pat chops very dry before seasoning to help browning.
- Lightly coat chops in oil before seasoning to enhance browning.
- Preheat the oven fully before baking and use a meat thermometer.
- Allow chops to rest for 5-10 minutes after baking so juices can redistribute.
- Bake chops on a wire rack over a baking sheet for air circulation.
Following these tips will help prevent dry, overcooked pork chops.
How To Check If Pork Chops Are Done
It can be difficult to determine when pork chops are fully cooked, so here are a few methods:
- Use a meat thermometer to check internal temperature, aiming for 145°F minimum.
- Cut into the center of a chop and check for a slightly pink color with no redness.
- Look for visual cues like a lightly browned exterior and slightly pulled away meat around the edges.
- Poke a chop and check that it feels firm yet still tender.
Always let chops rest for 5-10 minutes before cutting into them after baking. If unsure, double-check with a thermometer for accuracy.
Recommended Pairing With Oven-Baked Pork Chops
Oven-baked pork chops are a versatile dish that pairs well with a variety of sides. Here are six dishes that would complement your pork chops beautifully:
- Roasted Vegetables: Toss your favorite seasonal veggies in olive oil, salt, and pepper, and roast them in the oven until they’re tender and slightly caramelized. This is a healthy and flavorful option.
- Mashed Potatoes: Creamy and comforting, mashed potatoes are a classic pairing with pork chops. Add some garlic for extra flavor.
- Rice Pilaf: This aromatic and flavorful dish adds a delightful texture contrast to the tender pork chops.
- Apple Sauce: The sweet and tangy flavor of apple sauce pairs wonderfully with pork, offering a refreshing balance to the savory meat.
- Steamed Green Beans: Simply steamed and tossed with a little butter, salt, and pepper, green beans provide a vibrant, crunchy side that’s light and tasty.
- Dinner Rolls: Soft, warm dinner rolls are great for sopping up any delicious juices left on your plate.
Choose one or two of these sides to create a balanced and satisfying meal with your oven-baked pork chops.
How long to bake pork ribs at 375 degrees Fahrenheit?
Pork ribs should be baked at 375°F for about 1.5 to 2 hours, or until they reach an internal temperature of 145°F.
How long to bake pork cutlets at 375?
Bake thin pork cutlets at 375°F for 10-15 minutes until they reach an internal temperature of 145°F.
How long to roast pork chops at 375?
Pork chops should be roasted at 375°F for about 20-30 minutes, or until they reach an internal temperature of 145°F.
How long to bake stuffed pork chops at 375?
Bake 1-inch thick stuffed pork chops at 375°F for 30-40 minutes until the filling is hot and the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145°F.
How long to bake breaded pork chops at 375?
Breaded pork chops should be baked at 375°F for about 30-35 minutes, or until they reach an internal temperature of 145°F.
How long to bake frozen pork chops at 375?
Bake frozen pork chops at 375°F for 35-45 minutes until they reach an internal temperature of 145°F, adjusting time for thickness.
Knowing how long to bake pork chops at 375 °F is key for irresistibly tender, juicy results. Boneless chops take 15-17 minutes while bone-in need 20-25 minutes when 1 inch thick. Rely on a meat thermometer for doneness, looking for 145°F, and let chops rest before serving. Master this simple oven baking method and you’ll be able to enjoy mouthwatering pork chops any night of the week.
- How to Cook Pork Chops: https://www.wikihow.com/Cook-Pork-Chops
- Pork, fresh, loin, center loin (chops), boneless, separable lean and fat, raw: https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/168286/nutrients
Welcome to Edith’s French Bistro, an enchanting, high-end French culinary haven located in Plano, Richardson and Allen. Setting itself apart, this restaurant boasts a wide array of artisanal desserts, custom-crafted cakes, a blend of sweet and savory crepes, and an elegant high tea service. Furthermore, it serves invigorating beverages, delicious lunch and dinner main courses, and a delectable weekend brunch. To top it off, they also offer breakfast options throughout the day.
To augment your culinary experience, we’ve introduced a blog – a rich repository of culinary wisdom designed to inspire and guide individuals on their cooking journey. It’s a treasure trove of knowledge spanning from the basics of cooking to more complex and advanced techniques. Whether you are a novice just beginning to explore the culinary landscape or an accomplished chef seeking new inspiration, you’ll discover practical, beneficial advice that aligns with your culinary aspirations.